Vinyasa Foundations (Sat 9.30am) is great for starting out, slower paced + nurturing modifications for pregnancy.
Book a Virtual class on our timetable and receive a email link to join. All you need is enough room to move and a good internet connection, and you’re ready to roll.
READY TO START?
Arrive hydrated, with an empty stomach, this is the most comfortable and beneficial way to practice. Aim to arrive 15 minutes before class to give yourself time orientate, acclimatise, turn off your phone, set up your mat and relax.
STIFF, INJURED, IN PAIN?
We can help you get moving again, a millimetre at a time. The Bikram method in particular was created for people with chronic pain and ailments. The sequence is specifically designed to provide an effective healing practice. Gentle stretching provides the circulation and nourishment the whole body requires for healing. *Please inform your teacher of existing injuries or health problems before you begin, we’ll ensure you practice safely. If you have any questions please email us.
PRE – POST NATAL
Our Vinyasa class on a Saturday morning at 9.30 am is a slow flow that allows for nurturing modifications for expecting Mum’s. The Bikram Beginners class has a specific pre-natal sequence that can be practiced within a regular class and is available to regular practitioners (6 months or more practice prior to conception). We recommend starting after the first trimester and working with one of our teachers to learn the modifications necessary to join the regular class. All classes are great for post natal, please check with your doctor before starting.
Yoga is becoming increasingly popular in schools with studies demonstrating that it can reduce symptoms of anxiety, depression, and mood imbalances. It also improves posture, increases strength, flexibility, coordination and balance. Youth aged between 12 – 17 are welcome to attend all of our classes. Students require their own profile when booking a class plus an email from their parent or guardian with permission to attend.
- The use of change rooms is limited to 15 minutes before and after class to assist social distancing throughout House of Prana.
- Showers are limited to 4 ladies and 4 men, please let us know when you arrive if you need a shower.
- Lockers aren’t available at this time. There is a designated place for bags and shoes inside the yoga room.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bring your own yoga mat and enough water for class.
- Bring a yoga towel or bath size towel to cover your mat.
- Bring a bolster or a cushion if you have one.
- Alternatively bring a towel or blanket to cover the studios bolsters.
- Bolsters and mats are available in our ONLINE STORE and can be collected from the studio before class.
Bring a bag
- Where practical bring as few personal possessions with you as possible. Place in a bag that can be left at the back of the yoga room or in the change rooms (lockers are not available).
WHAT TO WEAR
- Choose a light breathable fabric you can move and sweat in. Shorts, t-shirts, leggings and crops are suitable.
Yin & Vinyasa
- Wear comfortable clothes you can move in including a long sleeved layer or blanket for Yin.
Pace yourself, just do the best you can without straining or holding your breath. Practice without expectation or judgement. You can sit down and take a break whenever you need to. You don’t have to ‘win’ yoga, there’s no one to compete with but yourself.
When practicing in a hot room you may need to take electrolytes to replace the calcium, magnesium, potassium and sodium the body loses through sweat. You can take electrolytes before class as well, find what suits you best. Magnesium is also absorbed through the skin so we highly recommend taking a float with our friends in the next room @liquidzen.
Take your second class within 24 hours to bypass muscle soreness.
We recommend practicing 3 or more times a week in the beginning, so you can see what the yoga has to offer you.